Programs & Performances for Children
Barb Tilsen offers concerts & performances for the classroom, the whole family, and the community!
- Sound Beginnings programs and performances feature:
- songs promoting friendship, self-esteem and respect for a peaceful Mother Earth and all her relations
- fun songs that build vocabulary, reading readiness and reinforce early childhood curriculum
- games and musical activities that develop musical concepts, skills and appreciation
- “hands-on” exploration of the families of musical instruments
- instrument-making, integrated arts projects and other musical activities and experiences that nurture self-expression and the creative process
Barb began teaching Sound Beginnings as a creative children’s music program in 1986 at a private kindergarten in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Over the years she expanded and developed it into an exciting and highly-praised music program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children with fun-filled musical experiences that build a strong foundation on which to grow!